Founder and Chief Information Officer
A technology industry veteran, Tim McQuillen has been driving innovations in email for more than 15 years. From rebuilding a SaaS application from the ground up to helping reinvent the science of email delivery, McQuillen has a diverse background that has earned him a reputation for helping companies overcome technical challenges and simplify processes with cutting-edge solutions. McQuillen is currently applying his expertise as founder and Chief Information Officer at StrongView, where he helped build the business into a market leader that powers email marketing campaigns for such global brands as Fox Sports, Macys and Travelocity.
In founding StrongView in 2002 and building its technical operations, McQuillen helped solve an unmet need for an in-house, high-performance email marketing solution, which led to financial backing from Sequoia Capital and other top-tier venture capital firms. As the head of StrongView's on-demand solutions, security, operations, IP, QA and technical services, McQuillen has played a key role in transforming the company from an email infrastructure company to a full-service provider of on-demand and on-premise solutions.
Previously, McQuillen managed all technical operations for L90, Inc., a publicly held Internet advertising company that was acquired by DoubleClick after a $112 million IPO. In that role, McQuillen successfully directed L90's technical operations and engineering teams for this top-tier advertising network with over $40 million in annual revenue. McQuillen lead the key design, architecture, implementation and maintenance for adMonitor, L90's high-scale, multi-tier SaaS advertising and email delivery platform. adMonitor grew to be one of the Internet's most successful online marketing applications, reaching reached over 65% of the worldwide Internet population and delivering over 8 billion ads per month for over 3,000 companies. In addition to all data center infrastructure operations, McQuillen built and maintained a 24x7 network operations center with 99.999% availability.
Prior to L90, McQuillen was director of business development and marketing for TigerEye Consulting, LLC, an online-based executive technical recruiting firm, and associate partner of Quest Worldwide, an executive technology staffing company. McQuillen holds a B.A. in psychology from the University of Texas at San Antonio.
- > Culture…What Does Your Coffee Mug Say?
- > Van Down by the River
- > Mind the Gap: Building a Business for Success
- > True Failure Comes from Not Taking Risks
- > It’s Okay…Drink the Kool-Aid!
- > Great partners can make or break your business!! @rackspace
- > 500 customers, 3 patents…WOW!!!
- > SaaS, PaaS, IaaS...FaaDs?
- > Simplicity is the rule.
- > Fresh perspective on early stage funding
- > Is Your Head in “The Cloud?”
- > Has the whole world gone mad…we sure hope so (sort of)
- > The Future of Email and Email Deliverability Relies on Its Reputation
- > Speed kills…sort of
- > How important is email…?
- > LA versus SV
- > The Email Problem
- > Intro to Tim (from psychology graduate to headhunter to systems administrator to software entrepreneur)